Position: Digital PR and Content Executive
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: Competitive and flexible depending on experience
Fractl is a creative digital agency with an international tribe of digital marketers spanning the UK, US and South America. Our clients, which include startups, midsize businesses and FTSE 100 companies, rely on us to spread the word about what they do through emotionally-engaging data-driven campaigns. Our projects have been seen by millions thanks to their unique topics and creative executions.
We nurture a diverse team of strategists, developers, designers, animators, journalists, search experts, and PR professionals to achieve results and improve the bottom line of businesses while making them look good. For more information, please visit frac.tl and fractl.co.uk.
We’re looking for an organized, bright, motivated individual who has a superior skill set for connecting with others, finding sometimes obscure information on Google, and bringing an analytical approach to every new interaction. Do you love following the latest news and research from a variety of publishers? Are you good at persuading others? If playing an important part in setting up mutually beneficial relationships gets you excited, then this could be the job for you.
Our media relations team helps our clients reach their goals of increasing brand awareness, building high authority links, and attracting their target audience by building and maintaining relationships with top-tier publishers and influencers in a variety of verticals. The key is providing the media with well-researched, unique, and exclusive data-driven content for their audiences. As a member of the media relations team, you’ll be responsible for PR and media outreach intended to pair our clients’ content with the best fit publisher whose audience would find it most interesting and valuable.
This entry-level position requires an innovative, independent individual who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
More than one string to your bow?
Much of what you’ll do will involve reaching out to journalists and editors through clearly written, highly-engaging emails. When you’re not doing this, your writing skills will be put to use in other aspects of our work, helping write content for some of Fractl’s biggest clients in the travel and entertainment sectors. For this reason, a passion for writing and enthusiasm for contributing to our growth in multiple ways are essential.
Required skills and expertise
- Writing, journalism, news production, or digital marketing background preferred
- A mastery of the English language is key
- You should have impeccable attention to detail. Typos and grammatical errors undermine even the best campaigns.
- Mastery of negotiation and persuasion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Top-level Internet research skills. You should be a Google master
- Interest and knack for online networking
- Personable communication ability within email structure
- Ability to navigate social networks
- Proficiency in Google Docs
- Ability to manage yourself but also work within a team
- Experience is more important than education
- Qualifications in English, journalism, and digital marketing/PR are most relevant
You’ll be working in Fractl’s UK office at Round Foundry Media Centre, a contemporary space specifically for creative and digital people. Located in Leeds City Centre, surrounded by a range of independent shops, cafes, restaurants and bars and just eight minutes’ walk from Leeds train station.
Fractl has developed a unique approach to digital PR over the last 5 years. You will benefit from a full induction into how we achieve outreach success, as well as ongoing training to help you develop as a writer and PR professional.
- Flexible working hours (Start early, finish early. Start late, finish late.)
- City centre office
- Weekly fresh fruit deliveries and unlimited snacks
- Regular social events and activities
- Treats on your birthday
- Relaxed office atmosphere with a casual dress code
- 25 days’ holiday, bank holidays and your birthday off
- Company pension